KY1K wrote:
> Interesting Alberto!
> 
> There have been 9 messages today, from a mallet8...allegedly (or
> masquerading as) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I have my defenses up here, so
> virii that shut down M$ email users pass harmlessly.
> 
  I haven't received any message from that address, nor there is such a
message in the group archives

> The messages all appear to have contained an image, which I assumed
> the list software at yahoo stripped and discarded.

As said, I don't think those messages have been processed by the list
software, otherwise there should be a trace in the archives.

> I eye balled your message header Alberto (that did come via the
> list), and the questionable members post and your post appear very
> similar in format.
> 
I suppose that the spammer have tried to imitate as faithfully as possible
the format of the messages that come legitimately from the group servers.
Once you have found an open SMTP server (and there are many, unfortunately...)
you can send whatever you want, with all the headers that your fantasy
dictates.

> If no one else got the questionable messages from mallet8, I don't
> know what to say.
> 
The only thing I can think at, is that about a week ago I rejected
a spam message coming from India (this group, in case you don't know,
is moderated...) and removed and banned the member that sent it.
Maybe he is now implementing a kind of retorsion.... who knows....

73  Alberto  I2PHD




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to