Hey Sven,

thanks for the info.

I am range testing lowering Irradiance rays against density.

I had hoped that I could use a higher density to keep the rays closer to
128-256.

(I´m pushing the classroom scene, loads of nasty noise)

Irradiance Particles feel very slow, mostly because of the lack of visual
feedback,
that sucks when tweaking but once that damn preprocessing is done.

Am now at 256-350 rays and density 2

My frametimes are all around 01:30:00 - 02:45:00, yes 1 1/2 hours and up at
HD720 w/DOF.

Clean, presentable frames, using unified sampling (which is really nice)

The Automatic FinalGather alternative is similarly fast/slow with 1536-2048
rays.

All that is mR 3.9.x, so I lack a few optimizations and yes, it hurts.

Cheers,

tim