This has been around for some time now primarily for game artists. It's a huge time saver in texture map material setup and iteration for sure. And being able to preview results in photoshop is real nice.

Now if we would have a ddo material manager similar to the max and maya equivalent (shown here <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BboBgjGARc>, max at start and maya at 23min in) for softimage, we'd be set.