What i don't understand is why Maya dev team, wait sooooooooo long(years!!)
to be reunited with Softimage dev-team, to began listening customers about
new implementations or new workflows. Where were you 5 years ago? Merging
AD acquisitions into Maya? Buying duct-tape?

AD is a biggg BIG company, is not an small one, and the only way i could
understand this, is that AD didn't like their own M&E division from the
beginning, so they gave them a small amount of resources; so
"dev-teams"(Maya and Max) where only correcting bugs, nothing else.

Why you need to kill Softimage, to put all those already "few" resources
into Maya/Max/Softimage, and after 2016 version MAYBe.. MAYBE will began to
see some improvements.

Maybe there's amazing and talented people on the devs-team, but i think
they're wasting their time trying to "see" Softimage workflows and applying
them to Maya. This is not "Pimp my Ride", you can't just go acquire few
plugins or applications and merge things and called them "NEW FEATURES".

Maya was bad designed from the beginning, so at the end AD is going to
loose more money, they could add w/e they want, but they'll never have a
nice base to construct.

That's why they killed the wrong software; Softimage had that base, but
they didn't care.

As people said before, if you really want to do something good, at least AD
could learn from Maya Errors. START OVER! from the beginning. Make a NEW
"SoftMayax", with a good base for the coming decades.

my two cents,

sorry for english.
Tenshi.