Part of what made ICE so successful (in my mind) was the large amount of
built in nodes and compounds that were included as part of the base system
that were used in mostly non-simulated contexts (raycasting, geometry
locations, etc).

>From the sound of the development stages, the first two releases will be
fluid focused, do you expect that the final release will include the non
particle functionality that ICE became so useful for?

It sounds like you're expecting the users to build a more generic set of
functionality using the API? (mesh deforms, curve based flow tools, IK
solvers etc)

Thanks again for the information as well.