Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:16:14 +0000
Subject: Re: ICE - When will we have todays functionality in Maya?
From: juanxsil...@gmail.com
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

totally agree with Martin and Peter.
that's exactly what I'm also very much interested in.
will BiFrost be as versatile as ICE? ;-)

Juan

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Peter Agg <peter....@googlemail.com> wrote:

"Future releases could encompass more types of solvers (rigid, cloth,
fluid, liquid, etc, all interacting). And from there, it would be
amazing to see more procedural geometry generation, destruction and
stuff like that."

Just stepping away from solvers etc for a moment though: could I use Bifrost to
do something un-simulated and simple like (for argument's sake) add the frame
number onto the vertex y positions on an object if they're inside the volume of
a polygon sphere?

I know personally I'm not worried about the big effects, it's the small
day-to-day 'simple' stuff which is where I'm concerned about not having ICE.