The perfect combination would be Softimage + Houdini, no doubt… ICE is much
faster but less powerful (imagine the extent of houdini) and it is indeed
harder to learn but the payback is freedom.

Unfortunately AD has cut the bridge… there is no other route unfortunately and
if it is a Houdini only or mixed with Modo / Blender / Whatever it is not going
to be so comfortable for a while.

:-P

Jordi Bares
jordiba...@gmail.com