I understand what you're saying Matt. My point is, though, that there may be
ways in Modo of accomplishing the same tasks that do not rely on the existence
of a modeling history  I'm not undervaluing its presence, just merely stating
that there might be other ways of getting there.
After switching applications quite a few times, I've stopped thinking about
tools, and focusing mostly on tasks. Of course, I have come to roadblocks from
time to time, but you learn to drive (or sometimes, chew) your way
around/through them.
My $0.02...

Sergio Muciño.
Sent from my iPad.