Transitioned to C4D and Houdini.

Mostly using C4D, surprisingly.

The amount of control is amazing, with really easy ways to do certain
things that would be
much harder in Softimage.

The curves are better, with excellent control of booleans (even curve
booleans!).
The dynamics are really surprising, too. You can easily animate a bunch of
instances along
a path, and also have them collide with each other at the same time.

Nearly EVERYTHING is drag and drop-able.

The shaders are very nice, but I miss nodal shading.

I really think of all the packages out there, C4D is the closest to
Softimage that I have seen so far.
It makes me sad that I have to move to another package, but every cloud has
a silver lining, and
the silver lining is that many things I do more often than not are much
easier now.

When they are difficult, then I can use Houdini.

Not perfect, but overall, being out of the grasp of Autodesk feels great no
matter what.

--

Perry Harovas
Animation and Visual Effects

http://www.TheAfterImage.com <http://www.theafterimage.com/>

-25 Years Experience
-Member of the Visual Effects Society (VES)