Best line from a post this week:

"I realize that Maya animators must be more passionate about 3D than me,
because there is no way I would have put up with this shit for the last 10
years"

I almost spit my coffee out from laughing so hard.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Gerbrand Nel <nagv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys
> So I'm getting into Maya, and so far it's horrible.
> I realize that Maya animators must be more passionate about 3D than me,
> because there is no way I would have put up with this shit for the last 10
> years.
> Rant aside, I was hoping someone could help me make sense of a few things.
>
> 1: selecting hierarchies:
> I don’t understand why Maya insists on making the whole hierarchy green
> when I only select the top node. What is the benefit of this, and can I
> turn it off?
> I also find that when I select multiple objects in a hierarchy, the second
> last thing I selected goes white, but the thing I select stays green. this
> makes it hard to tell weather I selected the object or not.
> Am I using it wrong?
>
> 2: Is there a way to interactively see my frames rendering? I know I can
> fcheck or load the rendered frames in aftreFX, but this doesn't help if my
> frames takes 20 min a frame.
> 3: I assume the outliner is there to do what the explorer in soft does,
> but half the things in my scene is missing. Is there a comprehensive scene
> navigator where I can see everything, like we can in the explorer?
>
> Thanks, I'm going to stop here before I get on the drama-lama.

Perry Harovas
Animation and Visual Effects

http://www.TheAfterImage.com <http://www.theafterimage.com/>

-25 Years Experience
-Member of the Visual Effects Society (VES)