If I remember correcty Autodesk, before the big buyout in recent yearsm had
only Autocad and 3ds to carry on and make good money...when they start
acquiring Alias and all the others they establish themself as the "company
to go", simply because they were the owners.

For me Adobe could possibly be the next Autodesk, but I really hope I'm
wrong.