I've manually fixed this in the past with version mis-matches.
"C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\Synergy\".  Somewhere in there you'll find
editable files that are in ascii.  It might take a little trial and error,
but last I remember I figured the whole thing out and had it working in 10
minutes.  that got like a 2013/14 version of Soft sending/recieving to a
2015 version mb/ -something like that, been a while and I dont' have any of
the apps handy on this machine to give perfect instructions.  You will
probably have an easier time if you have an old MB 2014/2015 install which
you can refer to / copy/pasta bits from.  -pretty confident you could get
this working somehow if you really wanted