Martin

Yes mGear needs to be installed on all the machines using it, there is also
a difference in the installation process between OSX and windows, on mac
you have to install one of the solvers manually ?

I just finished using it in a small production, it  is very good, latest
version is 1.1

You have to add the metacarpal module manually, which isn't too hard just a
matter of re parenting the different elements back into the hierarchy

Miquel Campos has monetized a very cheap guide to mGear, which in addition
to breaking down the mGear work flow, also gives some nice rigging theory
tips, if ever you where ignorant in such matters. This is all on Gumroad.