If I'm correct, the guys at infinite realities (http://ir-ltd.net/) use Agisoft for their full body scans.

Shooting for 3D models id a bit tedious at some points, but there's a lot of examples to be found on Youtube and Vimeo.
To get really good 3D models, you need a LOT of photos from a LOT of angles.

I'm not sure if moving people will work out for this stuff, but am happily corrected if this is easily possible though.

Rob