Well, one of the great features in Maya 2016.5 is that you can (almost) select
what you actually want to select. Almost like Softimage.

I bet most SI users though this was something basic you could do in any 3d
software.

To be honest I though some parts of XSI were cumbersome or buggy, until I
started using Maya (Maya 6 or 7 back then )

Martin
Sent from my iPhone