From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Olivier Jeannel
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:33 AM
To: softimage@listproc autodesk. com
Subject: Re: Volume/voxel construction/deconstruction

I'd go houdini on this one too.
In SI there's the Knife tool where you can attach a grid to it. It cut cleanly
the object, but you don't have the inside.

Le 16 sept. 2016 20:07, "Steven Caron" <car...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Which renderer? I think Holger had his visbool shader working in MentalRay and
Arnold.

For a renderer agnostic route you are going to need to do some sort of
booleans, obviously those can be tricky and crash a lot. There is VDB tools
from Oleg which doe CSG operations on levelsets and of course Houdini's VDB
tools if you have access to it. Shading is going to be tricky if you need to
transfer UVs to the VDB. Oleg's tools don't have that functionality but Houdini
does.

Steven