Hi Chris,
You get an error saying "Input data type does not match output for input 'input1'." I agree with you that it should work. If you look at passing in a non-array value, the VEX code looks like it would be perfectly happy receiving an array as it just calls "min(parm)".

I figure it must be some sort of validation that's happening at a higher level in the Network Editor that's forbidding the array to be hooked up to it.