The Z hotkey has apparently been around since 2014 or earlier. But it is at
least something I can remove.

The Ctrl-V hotkey is new, apparently introduced about Maya 2016 or so. This one
is apparently hard-coded into the application somewhere. There are four
contexts for this hotkey in Edit(Common), Time Editor, Node Editor, and UV
Editor. Nothing is listed for the Outliner. I apparently can't turn this off
without breaking normal copy/paste functionality it would seem.

There is absolutely no excuse or justification for this kind of sloppiness in
interface design. You want there to be impediments to this kind of action in
order to insure that it's a proper action to take. Copy a scene unto itself?
Really? In who's world is that a common or frequently required need?

It's just so ironic, Maya desperately needs streamlining of this type at the
interface level, but only if it is useful. This is not useful, nor is it
logical, or desirable. I've been waiting 20 years for Maya developers to make
standard hotkeys for Outliner, Graph Editor, Hypergraph(Multilister before
that), Attribute Editor, and Render View. Stuff that gets opened and used a
lot! But there are hotkeys for such obscure things as Lock Curve Length?

If you are a Softimage person new to Maya, and you are wondering why everybody
seems to have peculiar or nonstandard workflows while in it, this is why. I'm
about to trash the standard hotkeys for nth time in 20 years.
First removed hotkey: Z
First new hotkey: Outliner = 8

Incidentally, I'm still waiting for Maya to delete the 40000+ duplicate
geometry objects from my scene. If it completes successfully I might be able to
recover the scene... next week.

Joey