Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:22:16 +0000 (UTC)
From: Anto Matkovic <a...@matkovic.com>
Subject: Re: What were they thinking....

I've also experienced 'ghost' hotkeys in some other cases. Here it happens
with certain modeling operators, let's say when M or R is pressed after
extruding, Maya tries to switch the worskpace to modeling or rigging,
something like that - for now I'm not completely sure about "procedure'',
which by the way leads to dismantled interface, not to certain workspace
suddenly requested by Maya (not me...). ?While I'm pretty sure I do not have
any hotkey related to workspaces. Thanks for posting this, at least I know
I'm not alone :).
Regarding constraints, IK and 'famous'' pairBlend node, somehow got
everything smoother by avoiding Maya constraints, IK and especially
pairBlend thing as much as possible, trying to replace them as much by
simple nodal setups, something like bunch of ''remap value'' nodes, driven
by position of locator, or even a part of 2 bone IK chain driven only by
node setup (still using orient constrain for global orientation of IK
chain) - but, yeah, this really is not a solution for quick setups.The way
how pairBlend is implemented, by deleting the node, once there is no
animated blend, makes it completely and definitively unusable for quick
setups.Also, only no scripted way to safely copy - paste a part of rig,
seems to be saving the copy of scene, deleting everything else, checking out
are all necessary nodes still in place (as deleting can take unwanted parts
of networks) - and finally, copying back into original scene. So, yeah, yet
another one, unusable for quick work.