The copy and paste is pretty bad.  Haven't done it in years because of the
PTSD, but I remembered it would put "__pasted__" on the names of the
objects that were pasted over, assuming you wanted to do that in the first
place.

It's not a finely-tuned generalist tool like Softimage is out of the box.
And before, you could forgive it's shortcomings because in the Motif UI
days, it was ugly, but stupid fast.  Hotbox, plus marking menus, plus
hotkeys made you fast.  Now the UI lag pretty much sapped the joy from
those UI features.

Maya has had a tough time adapting to the times.  I see other developers
more in-tuned with the day to day tasks of production and developing tools
that help artists get through their day.  Not sure why ADSK can't move the
needle in a meaningful way when it comes to Maya releases.  I feel like
they should go and buy new computers, install maya out of the box, and try
to put together a 3 min short film.  The pitfalls would be pretty obvious
imo.

peace,

-Lu