Remi,

[...]

> ISPs that aren't concerned with what their customer would like to have will
> eventually face competition.

we are in complete agreement of the end goal. it is just how we get there...

> A key point is that supporting 6a44 is very inexpensive compared to other
> supports they have to envisage.
>
> Yet, as Yiu says, this still depends on which hosts will support 6a44.
> My personal hope is that we will soon see trials, including with mobile
> phones.

issues I have with host tunneling:
 - how to communicate with native IPv6 nodes on the same network?
 - how to communicate to another 6a44 host on a different link in the same home?
 - do you need non-congruent topology multi-homing policy?
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-troan-multihoming-without-nat66-01
   how do you distribute that policy when you don't have a on-link router?
 - a general unease that now every host is supposed to have a "VPN" connection?
   how do I configure my own firewall and other network border policy?

how much would a new CPE cost the customer? 80USD? that's only 5 pints of beer
(if bought in Norway.)
I really liked the dongle idea by the way. perhaps with a L2TP LAC.

cheers,
Ole