________________________________
De : Qiong [mailto:bingxu...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 14 mars 2012 00:50
À : Francis Dupont
Cc : BOUCADAIR Mohamed OLNC/NAD/TIP; Softwires WG;
draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite;
draft-penno-softwire-sd...@tools.ietf.org
Objet : Re: [Softwires] draft-penno-softwire-sdnat vs.
draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite

>     (2) Unlike draft-penno-*, draft-cui-* does not mandate any proffered
>     provisioning means for port ranges; a list of alternatives is
>     provided in draft-cui-* without any preference (this is deployment-
>     specific):

=> but the ICMP-based solution is deeply broken so is it a real
advantage?
[Qiong] In draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite, we have described the
"ICMP processing" in section 10. And we have verified that it works fine in all
ICMP-based protocols, e.g. ping, tracert, etc. There is no problem here.

[Med] I know it is confusing but these are two distinct issues. draft-penno-*
defines a new method using ICMP to learn ports. Please refer to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-penno-softwire-sdnat-02#section-5