Yonik Seeley wrote:
OK, I envision a solr-demo.zip with the following structure:
solr-demo/
     start.sh, start.bat, stop.sh, stop.bat that call tomcat/bin/startup*
     /tomcat/*
     /conf
        solrconfig.xml, schema.xml, etc
     /data

The demo should be included in the standard download.

Why not use Jetty instead of Tomcat, since it's so much smaller?

I'd opt for a script that uploads stuff rather than a pre-built index. Either require cygwin or also provide the script as a .bat file.

The canonical use case is someone who's thinking about using it. They'll download the code, run the demo, then try to adapt it to their data. So the demo effectively becomes the template application.

Doug