Hi all,

I've installed solr on a RHEL 5 server and it fails to start properly
- apparently it's failed to create or find index files.

when running :
nohup /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_14/bin/java -jar -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m start.jar &

I get the following in nohup
27-Nov-2007 15:57:42 org.apache.solr.core.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: no
segments* file found in

checking /usr/local/apache-solr-1.2.0/foo/solr/data/index I see that
there are indeed no files in there - there doesn't appear to be a step
when installing where the files would be created so what is going on?

the jetty webserver starts but when I visit the solr/admin page I get :

 Severe errors in solr configuration.

 Check your log files for more detailed infomation on what may be wrong.

 If you want solr to continue after configuration errors, change:


 in solrconfig.xml

 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: no
segments* file found in

The configuration is identical to a working installation on another
server so I know there is nothing wrong with that, and there is no
more additional information available in nohup.out , there is no error
log either.

I've checked the mail archives for anything similar but I'm getting nothing.


LAMP System Integration, Development and Hosting

Reply via email to