This is for monitoring -- what happened in the last 30 seconds.
Log file analysis doesn't really do that.

I think the XML output in admin/stats.jsp may be enough for us.
That gives the cumulative requests on each handler. Those are
counted in StandardRequestHandler DisMaxRequestHandler and
are available through the MBean interface.

wunder