On 9/15/2016 2:35 AM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
> But I wonder if we should consider creating an official, slim Solr
> User Guide as well, for end users, structured as a getting-started
> guide and with focus on how you achieve a task, not documenting all 99
> parameters a plugin can take.

Yes, I like this idea.  In this guide, start with a short section that
defines some terminology, clarifies some concepts, and has enough of an
architecture description that a reader can understand how the major
pieces fit together.  Emphasis on "short".

If we provide beginners with the right building blocks, they'll be able
to figure out more on their own, and when they DO come here, there's a
greater chance they'll be able to ask coherent questions.

Thanks,
Shawn