I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum with regards to performance on
multivalued fields, and nothing helps. When I query on singlie fields, the
response time is fairly quick (typically < 1sec). However, when I query on
multivalued fields, the response is > 2 mins ~ 3 mins.

Here's my current environment:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2637 v3 @ 3.5Ghz
RAM: 16GB
OS: Windows 7 64 Bit
HD Controller: SCSI

SOLR Documents: 17 million.
Average # of terms in a multivalued fields: 54~60
Schema: Multivalue field has indexed="true"

I've set both my XMS and XMX to 5g, using -m 5g option. Another thing I
realized is, every time I query on the multivalued, the memory consumptions
takes up over 90%. Could this also be the cause of the issue? I have tried
MMapDirectoryFactory, the results seems to be the same (vs the default
NRTCachingDirectoryFactory).

Please help. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks.