If you can break these up into tokens somehow, that's clearly best. But from the
patterns you show it's not likely. WordDelimiterFactory won't quite
work since it
wouldn't be able to separate ASEF into the token SEF.....

You'll have a _lot_ fewer terms if you don't use edgengram. Try just
using bigrams (i.e. NGramFilterFactory) with both mingram and maxgram set
to 2.

Now you do phrase searches (also automatic) on pairs. So in your example
some of the pairs are:
#o
of
ff
f-

To find off, you search for the _phrase_ "of ff". There'll be some
fiddling here to
make it all work.

Best,
Erick