I question the accuracy of that "Second most popular" on a couple of fronts:

Maybe it's the most popular! -- I speak at Elasticsearch meetups. It's 90%
logs logs logs, with some search thrown in. Solr meetups have a tremendous
amount of information retrieval. Giving a information retrieval talk at
Elasticsearch meetups sometimes gets blank stares (though in many cases
not).
Maybe it's less popular! -- Is DB Engines really a scientific source here?
Maybe MySQL LIKE statements is still the most popular enterprise search
engine :-p

-Doug

--
Consultant, OpenSource Connections. Contact info at
http://o19s.com/about-us/doug-turnbull/; Free/Busy (http://bit.ly/dougs_cal)