I'm just catching up on reading solr emails, so forgive me for being late
to this dance....

I've just gone through a project to enable CDCR on our Solr, and I also
experienced a small period of time where the commits on the source server
just seemed to stop.  This was during a period of intense experimentation
where I was mucking around with configurations, turning CDCR on/off, etc.
At some point the commits stopped occurring, and it drove me nuts for a
couple of days - tried everything - restarting Solr, reloading, turned
buffering on, turned buffering off, etc.  I finally threw up my hands and
rebooted the server out of desperation (it was a physical Linux box).
Commits worked fine after that.  I don't know what caused the commits to
stop, and why re-booting (and not just restarting Solr) caused them to work
fine.

Wondering if you ever found a solution to your situation?