On 9/20/2018 8:22 AM, Schaum Mallik wrote:
Thanks for the response Shawn.

My follow up question is how would the zookeeper ensemble know that the
location of the indexes has changed? Also do I need to apply the same
changes to the other 2 solr nodes which are working fine?

This move is not to change the location, it's to stop Solr from trying to load the indexes completely.  Solr will no longer try to load them.  I think these are invalid indexes from when the Solr instance was NOT running in cloud mode, and have nothing at all to do with your working collections.  But just in case I'm wrong, I'm having you move them instead of delete them, so they can be put back if it turns out they actually were needed.

ZooKeeper doesn't know anything at all about Solr and the data it puts in ZK.  It is just a service that stores cluster data where all nodes can read it and handles elections when it is asked to.

Thanks,
Shawn