OK, so I copied my index and ran solr3.1 against it.
Qtime dropped, from about 40s to 17s! This is good news, but still longer
than i hoped for.
I tried to do the same text with 4.0, but i'm getting
IndexFormatTooOldException since my index was created using 1.4.1. Is my
only chance to test this is to reindex using 3.1 or 4.0?

Another strange behavior is that the Qtime seems pretty stable, no matter
how many object match my query. 200K and 20K both take about 17s.
I would have guessed that since the time is going over all the terms of all
the subset documents, would mean that the more documents, the more time.

Thanks for any insights

ofer