On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Ofer Fort <o...@tra.cx> wrote:
> I see, thanks.
> So if I would want to implement something that would fit my needs, would
> going through the subset of documents and counting all the terms in each
> one, would be faster? and easier to implement?

That's not just your needs, that's everyone's needs (it's the
definition of field faceting).
There's no way to do what you're asking with a term enumerator (i.e.
facet.method=enum).

Going through documents and counting all the terms in each is what
facet.method=fc does.
But it's also not great when the number of unique terms per document is high.
If you can think of a better way, go for it!

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco