Usually tomcat errors with Solr 4.3 happen due to uncopied logging
libraries. I would check if installing Solr 4.2.1 works and/or copy
additional libraries in (search mailing list for this issue).

However, I am not entirely sure that's the case here. It feels that
perhaps the definition of the handler could be a bigger issue here. I
assume you have an xml file somewhere that defines that /solr maps to
solr.war. I would double check that. Maybe try to deploy something
smaller and easier and see what the difference is.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)