> I am trying to get Solr installed in Tomcat, and having trouble.

> When I start up tomcat, I get in the Tomcat log:
>

> INFO: Deploying web application archive solr.war
> May 29, 2013 3:59:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error filterStart
> May 29, 2013 3:59:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/solr] startup failed due to previous errors

> I've tried to google for advice on this -- mostly what I found was
> suggestions for how to turn up logging to get more info

In a cruel twist of fate, it is actually logging changes that are
preventing Solr from starting. The required steps for deploying 4.3
changed. I will update the wiki page about tomcat when I'm not on a train.
 See this page for additional instructions, specifically the section about
deploying on containers other than jetty:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging

Thanks,
Shawn