Don’t worry Fabio - nobody knows everything (apart from Hossman). Following on
from Sandeep, to use SOLR, you extract the data from your MSSQL DB using the
DataImportHandler and you can then query it, facet it, pivot it to your heart's
content. And fast!

You can use almost anything to build the SOLR queries - Java & PHP being
probably most popular. There is a library for Perl I think but never tried it.

So, you keep your mssql database, you just don't use it for searches - that'll
relieve some of the load. Searches then all go through SOLR & its Lucene
indexes. If your various tables need SQL joins, you specify those in the
DataImportHandler (DIH) config. That way, when SOLR indexes everything, it
indexes the data the way you want to see it.

DIH handles the data export from mssql -> SOLR and it's not too difficult to
set up.

You imply you're adding (inserting) data. How much, how often? DIH has a delta
import feature so you can add data on the fly to SOLR's indexes.

Much of it come down to the data model you have. My advice would be try it and
see. You will be pleasantly surprised!