Hello all,

According to the README.txt in solr-4.4.0/solr/example/solr/collection1,
all we have to do is create a collection1/lib directory and put whatever
jars we want in there.

".. /lib.
       If it exists, Solr will load any Jars
       found in this directory and use them to resolve any "plugins"
        specified in your solrconfig.xml or schema.xml "

  I did so  (see below).  However, I keep getting a class not found error
(see below).

Has the default changed from what is documented in the README.txt file?
Is there something I have to change in solrconfig.xml or solr.xml to make
this work?

I looked at SOLR-4852, but don't understand.   It sounds like maybe there
is a problem if the collection1/lib directory is also specified in
solrconfig.xml.  But I didn't do that. (i.e. out of the box solrconfig.xml)
 Does this mean that by following what it says in the README.txt, I am
making some kind of a configuration error.  I also don't understand the
workaround in SOLR-4852.

Is this an ICU issue?  A java 7 issue?  a Solr 4.4 issue,  or did I simply
not understand the README.txt?

Tom

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; null:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/lucene/analysis/icu/segmentation/ICUTokenizer

 ls collection1/lib
icu4j-49.1.jar
lucene-analyzers-icu-4.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
solr-analysis-extras-4.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

Collection1/README.txt excerpt:

 lib/
        This directory is optional.  If it exists, Solr will load any Jars
        found in this directory and use them to resolve any "plugins"
        specified in your solrconfig.xml or schema.xml (ie: Analyzers,
        Request Handlers, etc...).  Alternatively you can use the <lib>
        syntax in conf/solrconfig.xml to direct Solr to your plugins.  See
        the example conf/solrconfig.xml file for details.