Hi Tom,

Sorry - I was meeting with the East-Asia librarians …

Perhaps you are missing the following from your solrconfig

<lib dir="/home/blacklight/solr-home/lib" />

(this is the top of my solrconfig.xml:

<config>
  <!-- NOTE: various comments and unused configuration possibilities have been
purged
     from this file.  Please refer to http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml,
     as well as the default solrconfig file included with Solr -->

<abortOnConfigurationError>${solr.abortOnConfigurationError:true}</abortOnConfigurationError>

  <luceneMatchVersion>4.4</luceneMatchVersion>

  <lib dir="/home/blacklight/solr-home/lib" />

  <dataDir>/data/solr/cjk-icu</dataDir>

  <directoryFactory name="DirectoryFactory"
class="${solr.directoryFactory:solr.NRTCachingDirectoryFactory}"/>
  <codecFactory class="solr.SchemaCodecFactory"/>
  <schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/>

  <indexConfig>
…

and here is my solr.xml, if it matters:

note the "sharedLib" value

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
  <cores defaultCoreName="current" adminPath="/admin/cores">
    <core name="current" collection="current" dataDir="/data/solr/"
loadOnStartup="true" instanceDir="./" transient="false"/>
  </cores>
</solr>