Kit nodded.  <[I noticed that.  They seem to be socially where we were a
thousand years ago.  The one I beamed up with, the one that looks like an
officer, he talked about dying for his clan.  I love the Mikan as much as
anyone, but if I were to die, I would think of my race first.  They still
think along distinct clan lines.]>

<[Perhaps we can use that somehow.]>

Kit nodded.  <[I think I'll go see what they think of me, someone not a 'prey
species'.  Stay here,]> she said, getting up.  <[Keep an eye on how they react
when we talk.  These humans don't catch our non-verbal communications very
well.]> The major nodded.

Kit went down the corridor, making sure her fresh uniform covered her wounds
and checking to make sure her mane was presentable.  Reassured she appeared
very command-like, she went to the detention wing, to the cell with the one
she brought back, the one that seemed to be an officer.  She walked up to the
force field and stood there, eyes leveled on the prisoners.

As she walked down the row of cells the prisioners went toe to force field in
their cells.  They were sizing up the new cat in town.

The "officer" was in a cell with a few others.  They acted much the same way
as the others, except that they purposefully stood infront of their officer. 
Keeping him from direct view.

The voulme of the room got steadily rose as she reached the last cell...  with
the officer.

They stood there for a long moment staring at her cocking their heads to the
sides.  Trying to get a wif of her.  The sterile air handling systems and the
force field doors prevented such a luxury.

  The two were parted by the officer with a paw like hand on their shoulders. 
He stood a step back from them, but stared squarely back at her.

  As they locked gazes, the croud grew more anxious.  They were definately
showing a pack mentality.  Raising up their voices- nothing that would qualify
as words- in support of their leader.

   {response}


Reply via email to