I am extremely interested.

We use Rolodap, an LDAP contacts directory . Automatically whielisting email from anyone in tht would let us lower the threshold for spam generally.

If you can post your code somewhere where I could link to it, I would make sure that Rolodap users generally knew of its availability.

Regards,
John Lederer

Colin Dean wrote:

Hi,

Using SpamAssassin, I want to whitelist every email address in the
LDAP directory address book our mail clients (Mozilla and Netscape)
use, without having a separate "whitelist_from" hard-wired into the
SpamAssassin config file.

So I've hacked some changes to SpamAssassin 2.55 so it can query the
LDAP server to do this (using Perl-LDAP 0.28).  Might have performance
implications if used with spamd on high-throughput mail server, but it
works fine for me (not using spamd).  Tested with OpenLDAP 1.2 and 2.0
servers on Red Hat Linux.

If anybody else is interested, and this hasn't been done already, I can
post my changes ...

Colin