On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 08:28:49AM -0700, Ed Kasky wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas as to why it would take 3 seconds to do the
> following:
>
> Jun 14 07:28:29 yoda2 spamd[1289]: debug: entering helper-app run mode
> Jun 14 07:28:32 yoda2 spamd[1289]: debug: Using results from Razor v2.34
>
> Could this be related to cpu speed or dns or my setup?

"entering" happens when Razor is about to run.  "Using" happens after the
result has been received.  So the 3 seconds is what it takes to contact
the Razor server, send them the query, get the result, and disconnect.

That's dependent on a number of things, but typically network speed and
how loaded the Razor servers are.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system