"Paul Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9bp4sf$q65$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bp4sf$q65$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> And your point is?
-> . <- there's a point :)
>
> Are you trying to imply that because I own an domain (I have already said
I
> own more than one) I should be an expert on SPAMming?  I have already said
I
> am not.  I write programs for a living, that does not make me a SPAM
expert,
> nor does it make me want to be a SPAM expert.
First of all, "SPAM" is a trademark and is owned by Hormel Foods.
http://www.spam.com/ci/ci_in.htm
UBE/UCE is called "spam" (note the lower-case writing)

Owning a domain (or even more), trying to get it whitelisted and whining not
being an expert does imply a lot of things in an anti-spamming community.

> Now, How do you think that my suggestion would do what you are saying.
Then
> perhaps I can suggest how is wouldn't have to.  Just saying it will be bad
> without say why you think it is doesn't help get through this.

A regular user (dial-up) logs into spamcop. His IP address changes every
time
he connects to his ISP. Following his IP address only gets you to his ISP,
and
that ISP (i.e Bellsouth, or <place your spam friendly ISP here>) would of
course in your suggestion be "innocent".
You're talking about a subdomain (i.e. Bellsouth/mydomain). You also said
(and
the subject title notes it) that (I quote)
"I just made an embarrassing mistake.  I got two emails from someone selling
search engine access.  They had my domain in the body."
First of all, if I receive spam with my domain in the body, I take more
action
than trying to get spamcop to mark it as innocent. And I can assure you,
that
chickenboner would be eating only the bones and cardboard of the KFC
leftovers
behind his trailer.
Besides that, I would *know* who my ISP is, and I would *know* that I should
inform my ISP about the abuse/Joe-job in case more of them arrive.

>
> I also have no idea what you are saying here:
I inserted it for you to read (and marked the words):
but the message wasn't meant for you.
>>> I would like to *here more about this. I haven't seen anything about
this
>>> anywhere. I also wouldn't know what it was about until now, so perhaps I
>>> *sew it and it *when right by.
> > ok, I think here we got someone who got hurt and is trying to get
cleaned.
> > check the above "sentens" and tell me if my instinct is "rite"
> Are you trying to insult me so that I become defensive?  This is not being
a
> help with this.
>
> If you have a valid concern with my suggestion, please explain way you
have
> it so that I can have a chance to respond.
Everybody who has replied has shown the same *valid* concern, but you seem
to
be like an ignorebot or troll (the latter which I don't really want to use
yet,
although this thread has expanded to trollsize magnitude) who doesn't want
to
accept things he's being told, and just wants to keep on and on and on.
You don't even answer to questions experts have asked.
Maybe you read through the thread, and try to learn from the replies.

and here's some freebie for you:
http://www.twinlobber.org.uk/antispam/faq/
http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/emailfaq.html



Robi


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to