Date: Wed, Apr 25, 2001, 11:32pm (EDT-2)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (RW) wrote:

>Junito wrote: 

>>I've been banned by spamcop for reasons
>> that I don't understand... 
>>---------------------------------------------- 

>Basically, this is a email from Julian,
> forwarding an email he received from
> spam@webtv, who was forwarding a
> complaint they received from you. 

>The pasting of the headers in your message
> was a mess <g>, so I tried to sort them out
> and explain each line. It is probably best if
> you work your way from the bottom up. 

>Synopsis: SpamCop received a response from
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] to a 
>report you made through SpamCop.
> SpamCop identified you as the 'owner' of
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and sent the
> message on to you. 

>You then forwarded this message (now from
> SpamCop) to spam@webtv. spam@webtv
> sent a LART to SpamCop because you
> reported the email to webtv as spam. 

Thank you! I see now what I did wrong. When I got the blank e-mail from
spedia.com, I forwarded the e-mail to spamcop, forgetting that I have
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- those three
e-mail addresses under the name spam, in my address-book.

<snip appreciated info!>

>Message-Id:
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]
com>
>To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
> --WebTV-Mail-22933-1082-- 

>***This does not identify who this was to, but if
> you look at the address included in the first
> received line above (bottom), it shows the
> email was intended for
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Right away
> this says it is a response to a report you sent
> (22922359 will point SC to your secret email
> address). Also note it is not unusual for
> admins to send out responses (auto-bot or
> not) as BCC***

The BCC part, and the e-mail been blank with no subject, was what
confused me. I thought it was fake, and that's why I forwarded to
spamcop -- to see if it was real, not realizing that when I did that I
forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] too.

Thank you Richard! This explained in a way that I can understand!

Junito

_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to