spamcop has no control over your affiliate accounts, it simply enables
spamcop users to send email reports of what they consider to be spam. doing
this is quite legal. if the affiliate accounts were closed when they should
not have been, that is something you will have to take up with whoever
closed the accounts.
if your list is proper opt-in (see http://www.mail-abuse.org/manage.html for
guidelines), then it is unlikely to cause many complaints. any invalid
complaints that are made should be seen as such by the recipient, and they
can in turn complain about the spamcop user if what was reported was not
spam.
michael
spamcop user
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi
>
> You're all focused on getting rid of spamming, what about companies that
get falsely accused?
>
> Yesterday night I used an opt-in list, which I sent a newsletter to 7000
people. The next thing I know, I had a warning from Leadhound, and I had
affiliate accounts closed. I legally used an opt-in mailing list, and was
falsely accused of spam. After finding out more, I find that this report was
automatic.
>
> So I ask: What is spamcop going to do to stop reports that are false? I
acted legally, I had an unsubscribe e-mail address, valid reply address,
even a complaints address. I have all the documents to proof that each and
every person on that list signed up, their IP details, everything needed. I
have lost lots of money over this, and I cannot comment any further but i'm
taking legal advice.
>
> I have ethics when it comes to business, and being bombareded by junk mail
constantly myself, I know its important to get rid of it completely, but is
it really worth taking down good companies just to get at the bad ones?
>
> Wayne Tickner
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help