I'm new to greylisting, and have just set up spamdyke on a mail server with a
few hundred users. Immediately my colleagues and I got annoyed with delayed
deliveries to our personal addresses ;P.

I'm wondering if it would be a reasonable solution to create a
`graylist-exception-rdns-file` containing the top 500 or so most common
reputable rdns hosts? Surely no spam would be expected to originate from rdns
origins matching, e.g.:

.twitter.com
.apple.com
.amazonses.com
.gmail.com
…etc

Using a list such as http://moz.com/top500 might be a good start. I hope this
method would allow the prevention of delivery delays from the hosts people rely
on most, while still inhibiting spam from the other 99.99999% of rdns hosts.

Does anybody have experience using this method?

I'm trying it now, and will report back if I have any issues. But I don't have
a history of using greylisting, so not sure if it is a best practice.

Thanks,
Quinn