Hi Antonio,
To use StPeter, you must perform peptide validation and protein inference
first. These are done, minimally, with the PeptideProphet and
ProteinProphet tools, respectively. They are needed because StPeter
quantifies proteins, not peptides, and thus you need to first perform
protein inference.

We do have a tutorial for StPeter, sorry if our links don't line up
precisely from the launch location you started at. Updating the
documentation site is a work in progress. Try
here: http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tutorial:StPeter1
Unfortunately, it does assume using the GUI. StPeter (and the other TPP
tools) should all have command line usage statements if you simply type
them without parameters. But it is easiest to try solving your Apache2
problems.

And regarding your last question, no, the precursor intensity is never used
as part of StPeter. The quantification is done entirely with spectral
indexes which utilize the intensity of fragment ions, not precursor ions.

Cheers,
Mike