On 5-Apr-07, at 9:24 AM, Recordon, David wrote:

> Dick, see my other message but this is not about ME stopping you!
>>> We wanted to publish them on the website so that other people could
>>> look at them, but you did not want to do that, and you control the
>>> domain.
>>
>> Dick, that isn't a fair statement at all.  It is not my decision to
>> make if schemas.openid.net should be created and the content you're
>> proposing put there.  I've asked you multiple times to have a
>> conversation on this list ending in a formal vote (like we've done
>> for many other spec decisions) to make this decision.  If I've missed
>> this vote then please point me at it.
>
> I'm quite honestly not sure what more to say.  If you want to see this
> work happen then you need to take the initiative and make it happen.
> You can't just expect to post a few messages to the ID Schemas list
> and
> have them magically start working.
>
> I'm all about taking advantage of existing momentum, but I have a hard
> time seeing anyone who cares about AX being unwilling to have this
> discussion as a part of the ID Schemas community.  If there is anyone,
> I'd certainly like to understand the reasons why (beyond it being
> "hard").

We wrote a spec.

We have working code.

Other people have developed code as well.

We need to publish a schema so that we can systems talk to each other.

If *you* would like to see the work done over in ID Schemas, then
*you* can work to make it happen there. The same for other people. If
the work shifts to there, I am fine with it. Right now, I'm fine with
doing the work here on the OpenID specs list.

-- Dick