From: Johnny Bufu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:52 PM
To: Recordon, David
Cc: Drummond Reed; OpenID specs list
Subject: Re: Review of Yadis section in XRI Resolution 2.0 WD11

On 31-May-07, at 5:34 PM, Recordon, David wrote:
> I'd recommend adding a section which pulls together the HEAD and GET
> methods and describes how'd they be used in conjunction.

In the interest of keeping it light and simple to process, I believe
it would be enough to make this explicit just before 8.1 by saying
that any of the two protocols MAY be attempted by an RP (plus fixing
the fallback from HEAD to GET).

> Also explicitly pointing out that a URL hosting a XRDS document
> only is
> required to implement one or more of the discovery mechanisms

Not "one or more"; GET is REQUIRED, HEAD is OPTIONAL in Yadis. This
too can be specified inline in sections 8.1 / 8.2.

> whereas a service requesting XRDS documents must implement all of
> the different
> methods.

An RP may choose to only do GET and not care about the more efficient
(but optional on the server side) HEAD.

Johnny