On 2-Jun-07, at 5:14 PM, Recordon, David wrote:
> I'd like to see this written as an
> extension so that if the first approach doesn't work, the Auth spec
> itself doesn't have to be "reverted.  Rather we can finish 2.0 and try
> implementing different approaches before deciding on the final way to
> solve this problem.

I thought we had agreed at IIW (for good reason) to address this in
2.0. Other than the actual solution not being 100% clear, has
anything changed?

Arguments for not putting it into an extension:
- users of provider's X who employs 'identifier recycling extension'
would not be able to log into RP Y who doesn't understand the extension
- it's likely that whatever solution we come up with affects the
discovery / verification processes, in which case it couldn't be
pushed to an extension (we're trying to patch something about the
_identifier_ itself, which is the center of each openid transaction).

Also, I believe the fragment approach can actually work, as detailed
here:

        http://openid.net/pipermail/specs/2007-May/001767.html

I haven't seen any replies to this, so would appreciate if others
would go through the proposed changes and see if they all makes sense
of I've overlooked something.

Thanks,
Johnny