On Sunday 09 November 2003 21:20, Konrad Klimaszewski wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have problem with my Thomson Speedtouch 330 on Mandrake 9.1.
> My connection hangs after some time of activity (from seconds to hours).
> I'm not able to ping or telnet other hosts (even my peer), only pinging my
> IP works. It's wierd because ifconfig says that pppd0 is up.
>
> In my syslog I find a lot of:
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x7 len 106 ret -110

VIA chipset?  (/sbin/lspci)

> Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?
> Could it be hardware problem?

Yes.

> One more question how do I reset the modem to restart connection?

Try killing pppd and launching it again.  But probably you will need to
restart the usb subsystem:

        /etc/init.d/hotplug restart

> As for nom I have to reboot evry time my connection hangs.
>
> I'll be very gratefull for any help.

All the best,

Duncan.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to